This is a value-stream mapping exercise in an effort to reduce cognitive overload and enable continous improvement.
Ideally, all these steps can be columns on a Kanban Board.
- Clear Local
- Clean up your space.
- Commit everything you
- BDD Cycle
- Read BDD specifications related to the card
- Update specifications
- NEW #Collaboration: Connect with Product or QA person to get specs verified.
- Break down card into atomic commits
- Estimate each commit with pomodoros
- Add planned finish date to the card
- NEW #Collaboration: Discuss your plan with a team mate to help identify potential risks and pitfalls.
- Remove all distractions
- Move card to In-progress lane
- Start the pomodoro timer
- Start working incrementally with TDD. Commit and push non-stop.
- Manually deploy if there is no CD pipeline
- Pull card towards right until accepted
- At end of each day, fill in card timesheet activity.
- NEW #Collaboration: Present your code for code-review to a team make.
Using the above list I created a template in SwiftEnterprise by Digite, so that the whole team can use it.