The need to keep ourselves polished
It is always now! However, your past must have been; however, the future must be. The reality of your life is always now.
It’s important to remember this.
We often keep ourselves polished and in good shape only when we are looking for a job or when we are looking for a date. We polish ourselves when we don’t have something.
But once we have that thing, that job, that relationship, we fall back again into our old habits.
And then, slowly, we are at square one again. The reason we got successful is no longer us.
Therefore, we must always keep ourselves sharp.
How to keep ourselves polished?
How? I don’t know. But here are some thoughts.
Always be doing X.
- Always be finding a new job. This method would keep you polished.
- Always be dating your partner. This thinking would keep you sharp too.
- Always take care of your physical health as if you are ill.
The rest of the examples I came up with right now, so they aren’t polished.
- Always listen as though the person you are listening to might know something you need to know.
- Always be prepared for your Piano performance.
- Always plan your finances as though you are poor.
In this sense, it’s stick motivation.