Hi! I'm Ankush!
I’m a 👨🏻💻 programmer who loves technology. From 🕸 web-development, deep-learning, devops to everything that Elon Musk does.
In addition to coding, I also look at how good products & businesses work from many contradictory points of view.
Recently, I have started thinking a lot about testing as a way to improve code quality so you’ll find a lot of related posts.
This blog is the way I process my 🎲 thoughts and solve problems. If you read any, try scrutinizing them and see if they hold.
I treat this blog as a wiki, so old post of frequently reworded or deleted.
These are the best posts I have written
or read a Random Article
Essays in Progress
Essays (sorted by last updated)
- The relation between values and identity
- Humans are not a rational agent
- Values simplify decision making
- Some use cases for values
- Tips for Finding and Picking Values
- Tell the Truth 1
- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Do/Try/Invest in many things. You don’t have any decision making capacity unless you have an offer.
- If downside is negligible, reversible or it can be capped and upside is very high, do it. 2
- If you need to make a big decision and you can’t decided, say No. 3
- If there are multiple similar options and each seem similar, take the path that seems the hardest in the short term. 3
- If you can’t decide, pick the decision that will lead you to more peace of mind. 3
- Let others make there own decisions
- Delay the impulsive decision by 30 minutes or an hour or a day
- Be decisive
- Say no to many things
- Maths is a language that applies to the real world
- Maths is everywhere. Even if you don’t notice.
- Emphasis on maths from home 🏡3
- Maths is useful and fun
- Math is reasoning not memorizing or speed
- When learning Maths
- How to read this?
- Commit Version 2: Getting Input and Generating Submission File
- Commit Version 3: Improvements
- Commit 6: ConvNet, and GPU
- Commit 7: Improvement
- Incremental Improvements
- Upgrading Fast (get rid of Legacy)
- Do it one step at a time.
- Code Reviews
- Declare the local variable as close to where it is used and remove un-necessary once
- Just return it. Don’t store
- Remove commented code
- Remove functions and variables which you do not use.
- Variable argument lengths
- Default Arguments
- Use annotations/decorators
- Remove duplicates
- Single line boolean evaluation
- Think in terms of Streams
- Create and use base classes
- Keep your implementation as simple as possible
- Knowing the basics of time and space complexity goes a long way.
- Additional Tip: Always use parent interface for the type
- When trying to find duplicates
- Java: If you know the size of the list
- Always have your algorithmic logic in a separate function
- Rather than implementing own logic, take 5 minutes to see if your modules already provide the implementation
- 1. Always Turn On Experimental Feature
- 2. ️ Jump to Definition
- 3. Use GUI for exploring files and Mounting Google Drive
- 4. Creating Custom Snippets
- 5. Get GPU Info
- 6. Opening Notebooks from Github with ease
- 7. Send email when the task is complete
- 8.️ HyperDash
- 9. 10. — Random Filler Tips: Dark Mode and Corgi/Kitti Mode
- Other useful tips: